Friday, October 8, 2010

Hair Extensions - Where Do Yours Come From?


I was watching a TV show the other day about human hair extensions and what a big business it is and it really shocked me. Now I have been a supplier of hair extension technicians to go to peoples houses and applied the extensions for a long time, I am also a trained nail and eyelash technician so I know about the industry but what I found out about on the show shocked me.

Where do you think your human hair extensions come from, have not got a clue, me neither. I knew that some of the cheaper hair extensions came from horses hair and I knew the real hair extensions came from real people but did not really think about it anymore than that really. I suppose I thought there were females all over the place growing their hair for the purpose of selling it on to make some money but to be honest I never really gave it any thought.

The TV show the other night showed a reported going to the depths of Russia to find out where human hair extensions came from and I can tell you now it was not pretty. First of all they got together with a hair extension technician from Russia but living in London that charges six hundred minimum to do hair extensions and she makes a packet I can tell you, she also gets all her products from Russia and because of this she was the best person to take the reporter on the journey.

Before they set off there was a scene where she received a box of human hair extensions from her supplier and she opened the box to check the quality. Whilst going through the merchandise she proceeded to throw to one side all of the extensions that were not to her standards, the reporter asked what she was going to do with them and she replied that she would send them back for money off of the next order, she had no real care for were they came from or anything.

On arrival in Russia they were met by a provider of hair extensions and taken to his office to show the products they had and it was quite amazing to see the amounts of hair they had lying around, there was literally hair from the floor to the ceiling. The reporter asked where the hair was purchased from and that was when the eager to please host started to get a bit vague with answers and started to talk to the others in Russian.








PART 2 COMING VERY SOON!

This article about hair extensions is from a brand we have called Mobile Beauty UK which is a mobile beauty service operating throughout the UK. If you are interested in hair extensions then please visit the site, we do not sell hair extensions we only arrange for hair extension technicians to come to you to apply them.

Also if you are interested in nail extensions, eyelash extensions, mobile spray tan, waxing, mobile hairdressing, wedding make up, stage make up and any other beauty treatments have a look on our websites.

Mobile Beauty UK x


No comments:

Post a Comment